Friday 30 September 2011

AOB 4: group feedback summary


Group Feedback Summary

Following the presentation of my music video treatment, I handed out feedback questionnaires to be filled in and returned. I used a panel of six people to fill in the questionnaires and hand them back.
Following is the overall data I collected from the returned questionnaires.

I began by asking the audience if they thought the idea would be interesting for the target audience. Five out of six of my panel thought the idea worked because it had a good clear narrative that appealed to the target audience, one out of six of my panel simply said “yes”.

My next question enquired if they thought the idea was fully realised and if they got a clear enough picture.
All of my panel gave positive feedback, stating that the idea was clear and easy to read on my blog, with some commenting that the lyrics were emphasised within the proposal and the song.

Following this, I quite bluntly asked the panel, if they thought the idea worked. Three out of six of my panellists said it worked because the lyrics related to the meaning of the song and the video. Two said it conveyed a deep sense of emotional loss, and one didn’t answer.

Finally i asked the panel what they thought the best part of the idea was.
Four of the six said that the best part of the idea was the inclusion of the lead singer’s grandfather, who is the main focus of the video. Two replied that the best part of the idea was how the video was personal to the band’s lead singer.

Most of my panel didn’t see a problem with the idea, but one person replied saying that the video didn’t explain what the artist was trying to convey, and didn’t talk about previous videos.

Conclusion
From my feedback, which was positive for the most part, I have concluded that the idea appealed to my target audience and made for a gripping visual narrative, as well as conveying the mood of the video successfully.
I think this is mainly due to the inclusion of the lead singer’s grandfather, and the links between this, the lyrics and the visuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment